A. SIGN UP ON THE "CONTACT US" PAGE:
- Your information will never be used for any purpose except for The Warm Hug Project contacting you.
B. CREATE YOUR SHAWL(S):
- You can use any knitted or crocheted pattern as long as the shawl is at least 26"-27" from pointed tip to top and at least 54" at its widest part for easy tying.
- To use the super simple knitting pattern I currently use, please click on the link below.
- Please use soft yarn and happy colors. Even the men like it!
- Make as many as you would like -- our goal is for everyone with memory-impairment to feel that warm hug of security!
Knitting Link Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9ycsJISAKQ&feature=youtu.be
(please cut and paste into your browser if direct link does not work)
C. SEND THEM BACK TO US:
- Email us with a photo of you and/or your group with the shawl(s) so we can feature you on our website and add it to the back of the "Homemade For You" tag that will be tied on to the finished shawl (optional).
- Email us for the prepaid mailing label to send back your masterpiece(s) to The Warm Hug Project at no cost to you.
- We will sew in The Warm Hug Project label and attach the "Homemade For You" tag.
- We will either hand-deliver or send the shawl(s) to one of a rotating 10 memory-impaired units chosen by The Warm Hug Project and ask for a photo of the resident with your shawl (if permission granted)! These photos will also be featured on the website with permission.
WE COULDN'T DO IT WITHOUT YOU! Thank you for your talents and efforts to bring warmth and compassion to those with dementia.
Melissa R. Phillips